Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Monkey Nut's Adventures in Michigan!

Over the holidays, we had a visitor from the U.K., via Arkansas and then Canada and Washington state. After stopping here in Michigan, he will be headed (in order) to Arkansas (different city), Alabama, Pennsylvania, Virginia and then most likely to Arkansas (where he started in the U.S.) and back to the U.K. unless someone else requests a visit!

He seemed innocent enough upon his arrival. He was really quiet and didn't freak out our cats when he showed up.

He couldn't wait to get out of his box when he heard there was snow outside! He gazed curiously at the cold white stuff and was amazed that there was a swimming pool under all of that. He wanted to take a dip, but we convinced him it would be more fun shoveling instead!

After shoveling, we thought Monkey Nut would enjoy some pampering so we took him to get his hair styled. He enjoyed the scalp massage and admired the stylist's work.

He throughly enjoyed the fast pace of a Detroit Pistons basketball game and had lots of fun getting into the spirit!

Later that night, I took him to work with me. I knew he'd have a lot of fun in the maternity ward. Silly boy, he wanted to be treated like all of the other babies. He thought the cribs were pretty comfortable and enjoyed napping, although the screaming babies kept him awake. He hopped onto the scale and we found out that he really WAS the littlest little monkey in the nursery!

How do you keep an active monkey occupied at 2:30am? Why, you let him ride up & down the hall on an IV pole! We had races, but he readily beat us all. He was SO proud! It wasn't so nice that the little shit PEED on me. His wang was MUCH bigger than one would expect from such a lightweight!

He got really comfortable with us during his stay, let his hair down (so to speak) and showed us his WILD side. I had NO idea monkeys could DRINK so much! He snuck into the liquor cabinet, downed a few, and groped a stripper. He passed out cold when he got home.

At that point, I figured I'd better send him along to the next victim, er, HOSTESS before he landed in jail. Funds are a bit tight here and I wasn't sure I could afford paying bail money or damages!

12 Comments:

Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

Oh my Jeebus, that was GREAT! TOO damned funny, woman!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Looks like he had a blast up in the land of Yankees! Thank you so much for hosting him!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

aww monkey nuts... you better sent that hat and paci on with him, he looks cute with them!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Hey, I bet he would have fun with the roaming gnome from Travelocity!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Hilarious! I hope he realizes, he won't be able to drink at Virginia Gal's house.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I have been reading different ones and the adventures with Monkey Nut, but that was a hoot for sure! What a time that rascal Monkey Nut has been having. I'm sure his "momma" will have fond memories to reminisce of in the future. I'll be almost sad when Monkey Nut has to return to the U.K. and we hear/see/read no more about his happy & wild adventures. LOL

(hopped over from Brenda's blog)

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds as if he had a nice visit, but I'm not so sure he was well-behaved for the whole visit.

His adventures are great to read about.

Happy New Year.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pictures are AWESOME, Michele! : ) The one of him in curlers cracked me right up. Way to show him a fantastic time *thumbs up*

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww our baby!

The curlers pics are hilarious.

We're so glad Monkey Nut is being cared for so well and thanks for showing him a great time. :o)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

He really got carried away during his last night here. Until then, he'd been a perfect little monkey. I just don't know what happened!

I think he actually snuck out of the house and knocked over a liquor store. Where else would he have gotten the $20 and the booze? I was just beside myself! It must have been when I fell asleep upstairs, thinking that he was actually NAPPING!

He definitely spent some time on the "naughty stool" for his antics, I can assure you. I'd bet that he will be a well-behaved Monkey Boy when he arrives at his other destinations!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Okay, is that you in the photos with monkey baby cause you are so cute. Please update your photo on your profile. Your sorta hot!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Floyd's Lists said...

Floyd liked this site better when it was full of poopie and fart stories.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home