Friday, November 04, 2005

I've been to Baby Hell

I am recovering from a 3 day stretch of 12 hour night shifts at a local hospital. Out of 36 moms on the unit with 40 total babies, 30 of the babies spent those nights in the nursery. There was much wailing (them) and gnashing of teeth (ours). Not really, we wailed more than we gnashed teeth. They just erupted from both ends, making sounds that would make Daddy proud.

I haven't seen that much baby poop and vomit in one place in a long time. But their "Popeye squints" and elongated heads looked quite cute for Halloween. The volunteers had dropped off a batch of pumpkin hats for all of them which looked adorable, except on those bright yellow jaundiced chirrens.

It was truly Baby Hell. Now I'm off to bed for a bit.

That is all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Speaking of kiddies, I want to hear more stories about YOURS! The whole "Schmancer" and "old cheese and loneliness" posts had me rolling on the floor.

12:18 PM  
Blogger karla said...

Can I have one of the leftover pumpkin hats? That might just be the fashion accessory I've been missing. I've always suspected I would be a total 10 in a pumpkin hat.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Holy shit..I do not envy you.
Not one fucking bit.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home